Welcome to the AFMG - Foundation gGmbH!
Founders of the Company
Dipl.-Phys. Stefan Feistel,
Dr. Rainer Feistel,
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Ahnert,
Extracts from the Articles of the Company
1. Name and Location
The name of the company is AFMG - Foundation gGmbH. The company is registered and located in Berlin, Germany.
2. Purpose of the Company
The main purpose of the non-profit organization is to initiate and to support the research and education in the fields of room acoustics, electro-acoustics, sound reinforcement, acoustic simulation and measurement as well as the development of engineering and scientific software in such areas.
The following areas are especially important:
- The active support of universities, colleges and other educational facilities worldwide by supplying software, especially for simulation and measurement
- The support and sponsorship of internships, Masters degrees and PhDs in the areas described
- The promotion of student education in modern simulation and modelling tools
- The support and sponsorship of training, schooling and education in the areas mentioned above
- To support the distribution of publications of research findings, and the results of engineering works
- The assistance in the realization of research results and developments in business companies
3. Advisory Board
According to the articles of the company the decisions about projects and measures proposed are made by an advisory board of elected persons with extraordinary knowledge in the fields of room and electro-acoustics.
Members of the Advisory board are currently:
- The three founders of AFMG Foundation gGmbH: Prof. Dr. W. Ahnert, Dr. R. Feistel and S. Feistel
- Prof. M. Möser, Technical University Berlin, Institute of Technical Acoustics, Germany
- Prof. Robert C. Coffeen, School of Architecture and Urban Design, Marvin Hall, University of Kansas, Lawrence KS 66045, USA
- Prof. M. Vorländer, Institute of Technical Acoustics, RWTH, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Aachen University, Germany
The company is organized exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes, none of which is for profit. Any financial gains will be used exclusively for the aforementioned aims.
The AFMG Foundation gGmbH has been officially founded on the 7th March 2003. The new educational program has been announced at the USITT (United States Institute for Theatre Technology) convention in Minneapolis, March 2003.